Guacamole is a great dip to use with Quinoa Crispbread or Kale Chips. We also love to keep this healthy side to add to salads or dinner. You can make ahead and keep sealed and refrigerated for 2-3 days. Tip: Once you have finished preparing, place the pit in the storage bowl to help keep the dip from browning.
- 2 small ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (this is optional, if you like the heat)
- 4 cherry tomatoes, remove seeds and finely chopped (also optional)
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) freshly ground pepper
- Mash the avocados with a fork in a medium glass bowl
- Add the jalapeno pepper, cilantro, salt and pepper and continue mashing with fork until well combined.
Feel free to top with fresh red onion slices, diced tomato and parsley.