The weekend is the perfect time to prepare a menu for the upcoming week. Get a jumpstart on your week with healthy tips:
🐓Plan to roast an organic chicken – it’s perfect to have on hand to add proteins to your lunch.
🥚Boil some eggs – another great source of protein
🥗Prep power lunch bowls
🍇Stock up on Fruits for the week or make some homemade healthy snacks!
Prepping ahead can be a real time saver and a sure way to help keep you on track, so you can reach your optimal wellness goals! Be sure to always use the healthiest in “fats” for all of your cooking!
Balsamic Chicken Salad with Lemon Quinoa.
Make for dinner tonight or divide up into 4 mason jars and layer with chicken and quinoa on the bottom, feta on top. Seal and refrigerate. Now you’ve got a ready made lunch for your busy week! Keep dressing aside and pour over just before eating.
Recipe from Author: Karina – Cafe Delites
Ingredients Lemon Quinoa:
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup organic vegetable or chicken stock
- Pinch of sea salt to season
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 6 boneless chicken thigh or breast fillets , trimmed of fat (choose organic)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic , crushed
- 6 cups (200g | 7oz) mixed greens lettuce, washed
- 200 g | 7oz grape tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 medium red onion , thinly sliced
- 100 g | 3.5oz pitted kalamata olives
- 50 g | 1.7oz reduced fat Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
For Lemon Quinoa:
- In a small saucepan, combine quinoa, stock and salt together. Bring to the boil; reduce heat to gentle simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes or until broth has absorbed and quinoa is soft. Remove from heat and set aside while still covered and allow to steam. After about 2 minutes, fluff with a fork. Allow to cool slightly and add the lemon juice.
- Add the chicken fillets in a large skillet or nonstick pan with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, stock and garlic. Saute the chicken until crispy and golden on both sides, and cooked through. Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly, and slice into 1-inch strips.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until mixed through.
- Combine the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, olives, Feta and parsley together in a large salad bowl. Top with chicken slices and quinoa, and drizzle with the dressing. OR
- Divide into 4 mason jars and keep sealed in the refrigerator and you’ve got a super healthy lunches for the week. Start the layers with chicken and quinoa on the bottom, and work your way up with the remaining ingredients. Add dressing and toss when ready to serve. Lemon wedges are nice too!