Each serving contains vegetables (so many vegetables!), whole grains (wild rice) and healthy fats (coconut milk). Creamy cauliflower soup with chunks of carrot, celery and wild rice. This recipe requires 1 small pot, 2 large pots and a high-speed blender or food processor.
Prep Time 20 minsCook Time1 hr Total Time1 hr 20 mins
Servings: 6 Author: Melissa Boufounos @ocnutrition
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 head cauliflower Chopped into florets
- 2 cups mushroom broth You can use any vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 0.5 tsp dried thyme
- 0.5 tsp dried rosemary
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 400 ml can coconut milk, lite
- Cook the wild rice according to package instructions. When it’s ready, set it aside.
- While the rice is cooking, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower florets and boil until fork tender, about 10 minutes. When it’s ready, drain the water and set the cauliflower aside.
- While the cauliflower boils, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion, rosemary and thyme and sauté until the vegetables begin to soften. Stir occasionally. Add garlic and continue to sauté until garlic softens, about 1 minute.
- Add the mushroom broth and water to the pot, increase the heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, add the cooked cauliflower to a high speed blender or food processor. Add the full can of coconut milk to the blender along with the salt. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the creamed cauliflower and cooked wild rice to the simmering soup pot. Stir until everything is well mixed. Increase heat to medium and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season with more salt and pepper as desired. Serve warm.
I’d love to know how you like this cauliflower wild rice soup if you decide to make it. Please leave your comments on this post or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org